Thread: Communication problem through Channel 4 in Fanuc 21i- TB Control

Thanks

Post Communication problem through Channel 4 in Fanuc 21i- TB Control

I have a Bridgeport Powerpath 15 with Fanuc 21i-TB control. On it's setting screen it shows following:
    --------------------------
    -------------------------
    I/O Channel= 0 (0-3, Channel Nos.)
    ---------------------------
    --------------------------
    It indicates channels (0~3) which are used for communication through RS232C. The machine is also equipped with PCMCIA slot located to the left of LCD. It accepts CF Cards but the manual says that I should select Channel 4 for reading through CF card but it is not shown on setting screen.However when I select I/O channel=4 and try to read through CF Card , alarm message" Memory Card Error, 1010 is displayed on the screen. Please tell me how we can activate channel 4 on the setting screen?

Thanks

Default Re: Communication problem through Channel 4 in Fanuc 21i- TB Control

Try setting the I/O channel by changing parameter number 20 to a 4.

Usually memory card error 1010 means the memory card is faulty.Try another card.

Also you get this alarm if the card was formatted on a PC.
    Do not format the card on a PC , rather use delete function.

Regards
    Deon

Thanks

Deon
    I have set Parameter 20 to 1. Memory card works good with other CNC machine so mam. card cannot be faulty. Is there any special parameter which activates Channel 4?
    Tariq

Thanks

Is the machine a newer fanuc control or same model that you tested? I remember having some issues on some controls and not on others, depending on cards being used. Try formating it on the other fanuc control then bringing it to this machine.

Thanks

The machine on which Memory card is working was procured in 2009 while the Bridgeport Powerpath 15 is year 2001 model. I'll try to format the card on this machine. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq View Post
    Deon
    I have set Parameter 20 to 1. Memory card works good with other CNC machine so mam. card cannot be faulty. Is there any special parameter which activates Channel 4?
    Tariq
    Set 20 to 4

nanoman Guest

MP138#7 set 1

Thanks

nanoman: Already tried MP138.7=1 (DNC operation through Mem. card ) but no success. I have tried formatting card on the machine . it says "card is formatted". Machine is Year 2000 make and control is Fanuc 21i-TA.
    Last edited by Tariq; 07-19-10 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

Hello Tariq, can I get a copy of te parameters of your bridgeport? We lost ours and have no backup. Thank you, let me know if there is some charge for it