Thread: amada laser with no x axis reference

Thanks

Default amada laser with no x axis reference

Hi all. First post here, great site and info. New guy to lasers and have picked up the basics very quickly....however still learning the diagnostic and repair end of things. My newest issue is one that I can't figure out.

I had a z axis pulse coder issue (ongoing) so I had to shut the machine down. Started back up as I have done many times before and machine homed at z and y but not the x axis. The contact went right over the positioning switch and into the estop limit switch (with a little bang). Now the parameter for x seems out of whack. I've shut down and restarted 20+ times and the x axis will not reference and continues to travel to the limit switch.

I checked the switches and they are both good. I exchanged the switches (with each other) and no change. No obvious breaks, kinks or cuts in the cables.

Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Big order due soon that's not going to make it!

Thanks.

Thanks

Default Re: amada laser with no x axis reference

Oh ya......some possibly important info:

Amada: LC1212
    Control: Fanuc C1500B

Thanks

In your machine's documents there must a procedure to fix your home position and software limits, look for information regarding something called APC and APZ for the specific troubled axis.

Thanks

Hello there,

With regard to your alpha 1212, the overtravel and reference cams are located on the RHS of the X axis i believe?? If so then there may be a problem with the 1815 parameter.

1stly a brief explanation: Reference with this dog and pulse method is as follows:

The axis moves toward the DOG (Reference cam switch) Then after seeing this switch the encoder moves to the zero pulse Then count the number of pulses in the 1815 grid shift parameter.

If the 1815 parameter is set more than 1 revolution past the zero pulse the encoder will revolve once more until it can count the correct number of pulses.

The best way to solve this is to try to move the zero switch CAM then see if it will reference.

After this you will need to adjust the laser zero.

If you do not always cut to the edge of your sheets then this will not be too important but if you use pre cut blanks it is critical to the x guage block.

Please let me know the outcome??

If no success can offer more info.

Thanks

My Apologies it is late 1850 is gridshift parameter not 1815