Thread: Fanuc 6m need handshake with computer

Thanks

Default Fanuc 6m need handshake with computer

Hello new to the forum: I have a Fnc 106 milling machine and a Fanuc 6m control
    Machine Type A02B-0060-B201 Serial # 7085992... This machine used a tape punch system, which has two ports on the side of the machine one is a rs232 db25 pin and a 2nd set of pins 20 pins. question is can this be connected to a computer I have bobcad cam v23, or can a floppy or usb be set up. the Fanuc 6m control works and once we had it set up their were a couple of programs in the memory. Is there a cable that can be connected to the db25 pin port?

Thanks

Default Re: Fanuc 6m need handshake with computer

aggsoft.com/cnc-dnc/]CNC and DNC settings for files transfer. CNC and DNC parameters | AGG Software[/url]
    try here i think you can find all you need

Thanks

I don't believe all 6M controls support this, it may depend on your version. If not, it might be possible to add a BTR which can emulate the tape reader function between the control and a PC. There are several companies that offer these, such as Memex, Predator, Dostek, Greco, and others. Make sure they offer support for your software.

Thanks

I'm looking into both suggestions and would like to take this time to thank you for the help.

I'm wondering what I have got myself into on this tiger of a milling machine

Thanks

fanuc rs232 can only transfer cnc program but no dripfeed function.
    If you need dripfeed function you have to have a btr card. to search
    cncb3h.

Thanks

fanuc 6 rs232 can transfer and receive cnc program and parameter under edit mode. another 20pin Honda socket there are facit 4070 paper punch and asr33 tele typewriter interface.
    rs232 communication parameter as follow
    310-313, 341,342.and setting page last two line.

Thanks

You can also find info at Cadem.com

Thanks

I own a machine with a fanuc 6m control and have sent 1000s of programs thru that 25pin plug(rs232).Yours is probably a std db25 youll need to make or buy a communication cable to run from your pc to your machine. It is best if your pc has a 9 pin serial plug because a usb adapter may add another level of debugging. check in this forum or google rs232 and you will find the common wire pin locations, once connected properly you'll need to set or check your machines baud rate(mine is at 2400), also data bit(2), parity even, stop bits(1). use these same settings with your pc software. to send--with machine on and pc on place 6m in edit mode, program protection key off, type in program# O5200(always start with a letter O, and any 4 digit #), push read button. edit will flash on screen. Go to pc and send program with same #, program should appear on 6m screen.good luck if at first you don't succeed, keep asking questions.