Thread: Mitsubishi Meldas 520...Will not Turn on spindle on Handle mode

CNCMACHINE101 Guest

Default Mitsubishi Meldas 520...Will not Turn on spindle on Handle mode

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi MV5B Meldas 520am control. I bought the machine used and I found this problem, When i turn the swith to MDI on manual mode. I Can turn on the spindle. Works just fine. But lets say i want to make a quick cut or drill a quick hole when i turn the switch over to Handle The spindle turns off. I could manually jog the table but i cant get the spindle to turn on. It doesnt alarm or give me anything. It should let me jog while the spindle is on right?. The machine runs programs without a problem. but this bothers me I am either thinking a Parameter was switched( IF THERE IS ONE) or a board is bad but that wouldnt make sense because i would figure several other things would go bad. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Guest Guest

Most cnc machine doors usually have to be closed to run a spindle. This is for safety. There is no bypass parameter to allow this.

Guest Guest

Hi. Door closed. Still not working.

Thanks

If it lets you turn the spindle on in MDI and immediately shuts off when you hit the jog or handwheel button, I would say that in the logic they have a normally closed contact for the spindle functions.

M03 HANDWHEEL JOG SPINDLE ON
    I I-------------I/I------------I/I--------------------------------------O-------

I would search the logic and see if it has anything like that in place. And then again I am not at all familiar with Mitsu contols, so I'm not sure if you can view the ladder.

Hope this helps you in some way.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Guest Guest

Hi. I had a tech look at the ladder. He said that everthing looks good and it should turn on. but it doesnt, Dont know I will continue scratching my head. thanks for the Help.

Thanks

Did he also check the logic for jog functions to make sure there wasn't a normally closed contact in there?

JOG M03 M04 JOG
    I I---------I/I----I/I--------------O--

HANDWHEEL M03 M04 HANDWHEEL
    I I-------------I/I---I/I-------------O---

Just thinking out loud.....
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Guest Guest

Have you tried putting the machine in handle mode, then using S command from the monitor screen? Then using the had wheel to move the axes....