Thread: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Thanks

Arrow Any body need Haas CNC help?

Hi there

I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem especially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem and save you a lot of money & time. I have about 10 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others. I'm just an e-mail away from you.

Harvey
    htakhi_usa@yahoo.com
    NC-USA

Thanks

Thumbs up How is working hydrostic bearing.

Sir iam Arunkumar. working in india. how is working in hydrostic table and chuck. how is jaurge the table is good condition.

Thanks

Default Re: How is working hydrostic bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaarun View Post
    Sir iam Arunkumar. working in india. how is working in hydrostic table and chuck. how is jaurge the table is good condition.
    Hi There Arun
    I'm sorry, I know about normal tables which are come with machines. This is not my speciality to advise you about "hydrostic table and chuck". If you have any question or need any help on machine maintenance/application specially on CNC's, I will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Default Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Hi Mr.Harvey,
    We have a ZPS Turning center Model S50 CNC with Fanuc 0-TC control.
    In AUTO Operation Mode , the machine stops during operation without
    giving any alarm message. Key board is locked after this and no other
    operation is possible. Every time machine stops at different block.
    Turret, Tailstock, Spindle, Clamping/ Unclamping of chuck and
    automatic lubrication devices are working properly. Every time we have to switch off and then switch on the machine to resume operation. Please suggest
    some suitable remedy to this problem.

Regards
    Tariq Ahmad

Thanks

we are having 2 m/cing centre and 1 turning centre (vf-2, vm2 and sl-30)

we are getting too frequent b/down of machine for Z axis amplifier shortcircuit , reason is yet to be find.

basically we are machining CI raw material with chips in dust form, and can't use coolent .

M/c tool service engineer highlight the problem of dust in m/c panel..

please help and your kind guide required in this matter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deepak.gpl For This Useful Post:

Edgarsr (08-14-12)

Thanks

Hi Harvey
    I have a Haas mini mill 2005 owned since new no problems until now. Did not use for last 3 months, set up and ran and got this error "Y limit switch" I hit reset and then home which gave me this error "no zero Y" I then hit "power up" to get back the Y zero and tried to run again with the same result. I then ran it with no part and it ran fine, so I put in a part and tried to run but as soon as the cutter starts cutting I have the same problem, I am thinking that the vibration of the cutting is causing the problem, maybe a loose sensor connection. what do you think, would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi Harvey,

Brand new here, my first post.

I have a Haas VF-OE bought new in 1998

It has very little use over all these years.

The machine sat idle in an unheated shop here in the northeast US for over a year and a half. Last week I fired the machine but could not clear the alarms, it was 25 degrees F, so I brought in some heaters and once the temp reached 55 f I was able to clear the alams and power up.
    As the manual recommends after sitting for any length of time I ran a spindle warm up, after about 4 hours I went to shut down the machine for the day and realized I had an alarm (163 Z axis Drive Fault) thing is I never moved the axis after the spindle warm up began. I did find a blown fuse 1/2 amp, replaced it hoping that was the problem but that did not work. Any ideas? It will cost me $400 just to have a tech come to visit!

Thanks,

Caitolly

PS: Any ideas from others would be appreciated

Thanks

caitolly, Please leave your contact number on my email, will call you ASAP

Thanks

Thanks

Arrow Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Quote Originally Posted by carlington View Post
    Hi Harvey
    I have a Haas mini mill 2005 owned since new no problems until now. Did not use for last 3 months, set up and ran and got this error "Y limit switch" I hit reset and then home which gave me this error "no zero Y" I then hit "power up" to get back the Y zero and tried to run again with the same result. I then ran it with no part and it ran fine, so I put in a part and tried to run but as soon as the cutter starts cutting I have the same problem, I am thinking that the vibration of the cutting is causing the problem, maybe a loose sensor connection. what do you think, would very much appreciate your help.
    I sent you email too but it bounce back smae day, it was the same day you asked this question. I hope you have had fixed this problem. Next time you need help, please leave your contact number and good time to reach.
    Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepak.gpl View Post
    we are having 2 m/cing centre and 1 turning centre (vf-2, vm2 and sl-30)

we are getting too frequent b/down of machine for Z axis amplifier shortcircuit , reason is yet to be find.

basically we are machining CI raw material with chips in dust form, and can't use coolent .

M/c tool service engineer highlight the problem of dust in m/c panel..

please help and your kind guide required in this matter.
    Basically dust can effect the electronics but it cant blow your Z amplier all the time. because these amplifier are too small and doesnt have any inbuilt cooling fan. they have cooling fan on bottom sie only. You might wana check the load on z-axis motor, lubrication system, DC link power supply. Your main input power to the machine and electrical load distribution by calling your loacl electrician. Please leave you contact number in my email. I will call you within 5-10hrs.
    Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq View Post
    Hi Mr.Harvey,
    We have a ZPS Turning center Model S50 CNC with Fanuc 0-TC control.
    In AUTO Operation Mode , the machine stops during operation without
    giving any alarm message. Key board is locked after this and no other
    operation is possible. Every time machine stops at different block.
    Turret, Tailstock, Spindle, Clamping/ Unclamping of chuck and
    automatic lubrication devices are working properly. Every time we have to switch off and then switch on the machine to resume operation. Please suggest
    some suitable remedy to this problem.

Regards
    Tariq Ahmad
    Sorry Tariq, it took me a long time to get back to you, I'd very schedule and didnt have chance to check my Machinetool help ID. If you still have any issue or question, please send me a email & leave your contact number with good time to reach. Normally my call back time is within 5 to 10 hrs.

Harvey
    htakhi_usa@yahoo.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlington View Post
    Hi Harvey
    Please leave your number and good time to reach on my email at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com if you still ahve any issue or question. My call back time is within 5-10hrs
    Thanks

Thanks

Harvey, Sounds like your the man that can answer the question I need answered ! I started a new job 2 days ago and they have a new Haas Lathe. I am used to running Hardinge's and Takisawa's that have a WORSHIFT page that I set my workshift to the face of my stock. On the Haas I dont seem to see a page called WORKSHIFT, but I do see a page with G54, G55,G56. In the manual it claims by default it uses G54. When I go to change to another job, How do I change my (WORKSHIFT) or G54 ? Do I face new length of stock and enter "0" in Z under G54 ? or do I just press ZMEASURE again and will that shift every tool ? That doesnt make sense tho ? Or am I not seeing a page that I should be ?
    Your help would definetly be appreciated, Thanks In advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtrrpa View Post
    Harvey, Sounds like your the man that can answer the question I need answered ! I started a new job 2 days ago and they have a new Haas Lathe. I am used to running Hardinge's and Takisawa's that have a WORSHIFT page that I set my workshift to the face of my stock. On the Haas I dont seem to see a page called WORKSHIFT, but I do see a page with G54, G55,G56. In the manual it claims by default it uses G54. When I go to change to another job, How do I change my (WORKSHIFT) or G54 ? Do I face new length of stock and enter "0" in Z under G54 ? or do I just press ZMEASURE again and will that shift every tool ? That doesnt make sense tho ? Or am I not seeing a page that I should be ?
    Your help would definetly be appreciated, Thanks In advance
    Gtrrpa

Please leave your contact number on htakhi_usa@yahoo.com and good time to reach, I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Thanks

Hello Harvey,

Would you happen to know the procedures in setting the backlash on all of the axis on a 2008 HAAS VF2?

Thanks,
    Herb

Thanks

Hi Harvey;
    I use a Haas Mini Mill with the 6k max rpm spindle. I'm fairly new to G code machines, about 2+ years and it has been 15 yrs+ since I used a conversational machine, that being a Prototrax.
    I'm not so comfortable using the spd/feed calculator during programing. I just feel that it tends to be excessive even at the starting sfm. By comparison the Machinists Handbook and my CNC Programing book by Peter Shmid are more conservative. I don't think that I have actually used any calculated rates since I have been using this machine.
    Am I missing something?
    Thank You

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whotom View Post
    Hi Harvey;
    I use a Haas Mini Mill with the 6k max rpm spindle. I'm fairly new to G code machines, about 2+ years and it has been 15 yrs+ since I used a conversational machine, that being a Prototrax.
    I'm not so comfortable using the spd/feed calculator during programing. I just feel that it tends to be excessive even at the starting sfm. By comparison the Machinists Handbook and my CNC Programing book by Peter Shmid are more conservative. I don't think that I have actually used any calculated rates since I have been using this machine.
    Am I missing something?
    Thank You
    ProtoTrak is 100% conversational programming and very very easy and just need to punch numbers. In Haas, i guess feed/speeds calculations are not any different...to get exact feed/speeds you should have experience or able to use calculator to calculate feed speeds. On Haas go to calculator display, it's very usefull tool or go to quick codes or use VQC display these are alternatives tools of help and very convenient.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Hello Harvey,

Would you happen to know the procedures in setting the backlash on all of the axis on a 2008 HAAS VF2?

Thanks,
    Herb
    it's very easy.......send me your contact number & good time to reach at

"htakhi_usa@yahoo.com" will get back to you soon

Thanks

Harvey,

Hi. I am new to the forumns. I have a Haas TL-3 Lathe and got a problem with the spindle belt. Never had a problem until last week. Started her up in the morning and have what i would describe as a belt snapping at startup of the spindle 400 RPM and up. Talked to a service guy and he was convinced it was just time to replace belt. Got a new belt tensioned it properly and proble went away. 2 days later again in morning at startup the problem came back with new belt. Thought maybe i over/under tensioned it. but no results. Started and stopped spindle 10-15 times at 500RPM. and magically it stopped. What the heck? Is the motor possibly a problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by latheguy77 View Post
    Harvey,

Hi. I am new to the forumns. I have a Haas TL-3 Lathe and got a problem with the spindle belt. Never had a problem until last week. Started her up in the morning and have what i would describe as a belt snapping at startup of the spindle 400 RPM and up. Talked to a service guy and he was convinced it was just time to replace belt. Got a new belt tensioned it properly and proble went away. 2 days later again in morning at startup the problem came back with new belt. Thought maybe i over/under tensioned it. but no results. Started and stopped spindle 10-15 times at 500RPM. and magically it stopped. What the heck? Is the motor possibly a problem?
    Hi Brian

Hope you have resolved the problem as we discussed, please do let me know if need further help.

Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Harvey; another question for you we just purchased a sl-20 and we are getting a "servo bar" alarm. what can you tell me about this. thanks in advance.

Thanks

We have a Haas VF-0 which seems to be throwing errors after running for a little while. It started by giving a 141 Error ( Z Motor Z Fault). Then it gave a 145 Error ( X Limit Switch). These were both reset with Auto All Axis. Then it gave a 145, 160 & 112 Errors. we reset those and got a 141 Error again. Reset that and then got 154, 112 & 139 errors. We powered down the machine. Next day we were running the machine and after completing a T4 operation it went for a T5 tool change it got an alarm 113 Shuttle Fault. the program then jumped ahead several lines to after the T6 M06 line. We reset the machine and started running the program again. After awhile the display and interface panel stopped responding and when a key was pressed only got a distorted sounding beep. The program continued to run and fed hold would not respond. Pressing E stop turned off the spindle but not the coolant flow. After restarting machine it ran fine for a few minutes and then the display and interface panel stopped responding and got the weird distorted sounding beep when any key was pressed. Would you have any idea what could be causing these actions. Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

We have a Haas that is getting a 184 z cable fault. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks

hey Harvey

i have a haas vf-2 1997 model need system reload any ideas where i can get the software and parameters for this machine 4axis any help would be appreciated

my mail is jannie@eelectronics.co.za

Thanks

I could use some technical insight on my Haas HS1. I need to remove the 4th Axis table from the unit but the service manual only shows exploded views of the pallet changing machine - mine is only a single pallet. I removed all of the hardware from the table and bolted a hydraulic puller to it pushing against the center hub (assuming it is the king pin for the ring gear) put light pressure on the puller and couldn't see signs of separation so I stopped. I'm afraid to do anything else without seeing the exploded view for my specific machine - which of course can't be found...Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Coolant capacity for TM-1P

Hi,

I have a Haas TM-1P and the coolant capacity seems to be low. When we machine a lot the coolant accumulates in the chip auger and the tank runs low. If we fill it up then it can overflow. Also, the chip conveyor puts lots of fine chips into the tank. We do mostly milling so we get lots of fine chips. The machine has the standard coolant package.

Are there improvements that we can make to the coolant system? What can we do to make it more trouble free?

Thanks,

joe

Thanks

HARVEY,

its a fairly new HAAS VF5 Mill machine and the machine was
    throwing tools onto the bed at tool changes during cycles. and now it is only selecting one gear either low or high and is sticking to that gear? its a odd problem we thought it was the vector but that has been replaced and no change at all to the problem. some one please help!

Thanks