Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Thanks

Arrow Any body need Haas CNC help?

Hi there
    I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA

Thanks

Default Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

yes, i have a vf3 with a problem with the spinndle. the error is in the gearbox, but i already repair it. i change the orrings in the change of speed. change the body valvle. repair the main motor and change the encoder.
    the fail is like the machine don´t start the spindle and the charge is in the 150%. but if i tried to move with the hand the spindle and motor they move. but dont start. i another way the machine works but suddenly sound like a old washer and stop. the error is the error in the gearbox.

i wait by the answer

pd. could be a wire but idont know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tecno135 For This Useful Post:

edm_technologies (03-15-12)

Thanks

yes, i have a vf3 with a problem with the spinndle. the error is in the gearbox, but i already repair it. i change the orrings in the change of speed. change the body valvle. repair the main motor and change the encoder.
    the fail is like the machine don´t start the spindle and the charge is in the 150%. but if i tried to move with the hand the spindle and motor they move. but dont start. i another way the machine works but suddenly sound like a old washer and stop. the error is the error in the gearbox.

i wait by the answer

naoh619 Guest

how do i set up the Haas?

littlerico Guest

I am running a Haas 2 vertical mill and it appears that my quick codes have been erased. They no longer appear where they are suppose to be. Is there anyway that I could bring them back up. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlerico View Post
    I am running a Haas 2 vertical mill and it appears that my quick codes have been erased. They no longer appear where they are suppose to be. Is there anyway that I could bring them back up. Thanks!
    Yes you can do that by yourself
    1) If you have other Haas mill, goto setting 23 turn it off and go to program list and download the 9 series program, which you can re-load on that machine on which you lost VQC.
    2) You have to talk to service tech/engineer of your Haas dealer, he can down load from Haas portal website. He may not charge you anyhting because it's just 5 mins job.
    3) Hit me a email at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com or give me your contact, I can help you with this further
    4) Setting 23 supposed to be turn ON always, otherwise you will lost them again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naoh619 View Post
    how do i set up the Haas?
    What you mean about "SET UP". Do you wanna install the machine or set the part on machine table? Please let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tecno135 View Post

i wait by the answer

First of all you got to follow this procedure:
    1)Did you have any alarm when you start work on machine?
    2)It is very easy to diagnose where the problem is i.e you can run the spindle without belts between spindle and gearbox.
    3) Normally Haas doesnt offerr any gearbox service, you got to buy new gearbox with motor but I know in field we can fix them by opening the gearbox. In that case you have to check the pulley by moving it with hand after assembled the gear box, it supposed to move freely. then you have to check the gear shifter cylinder piston, it supposed to shift gears with blowing air in the cylinder inlets/outlet. then hook up the power the gear box motor without load then try it. It will turn only when it will be in High or low gear.
    If you have question, please let me know or just hit me a e-mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

I have a Super Mini-Mill 2 and am constantly fighting clogged coolant lines.

I don't have a chip auger. I don't have the 25 micron filter. I don't have the high pressure option.

I do have the programmable coolant nozzle (which clogs before the regular coolant nozzles, and is quite a bit more painful to unclog).

I am machining aluminum. The metal filter on the back in front of the coolant pump doesn't seem to be filtering much at all.

Ideas?

I was going to get some window screen material and see laying it on top of the sump return slots below the bed would help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Newell View Post
    I have a Super Mini-Mill 2 and am constantly fighting clogged coolant lines.

I don't have a chip auger. I don't have the 25 micron filter. I don't have the high pressure option.

I do have the programmable coolant nozzle (which clogs before the regular coolant nozzles, and is quite a bit more painful to unclog).

I am machining aluminum. The metal filter on the back in front of the coolant pump doesn't seem to be filtering much at all.

Ideas?

I was going to get some window screen material and see laying it on top of the sump return slots below the bed would help.
    Hi Gabe

I know if you are involving with high production, the SMM is has biggest down size is narrow space along/under the table and chips mixed up in coolant and lines clogged up. anyway I can advise you the following things:
    1)Regular cleaning of coolant tank and inside the machine
    2)you can add extra screens to coolant pump area
    3)Clear the savings everyday underneath the table
    4)buy a auger locally or from haas

Thanks
    Harvey

Jorge Guest

Thumbs up Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Thanks in advance for your help, I have one problem on my cnc haas vf2, lcd display flickers after few minutes or hours running, if I turn off the machine there is a slight chance that the lcd works ok, I never now if turning off and on works.

we try using LCD display and 2 cards that come on the neck LCD monitor from another machine same year same model and the problem keeps coming, I know there is one more card on the back of the machine, please advice on.

machine is 2005
    thanks for your help sincerely
    Jorge

Thanks

hi .i have a problem with my tailstock. it keeps losing where it is on the b axis.i have been homing it the past two weeks ,just to get by,now it willl only move about 50mm back and forth.
    i hope uyou can help,
    cheers Damon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HARVEY View Post
    Hi there
    I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA
    hi,

i have a cnc hass vf3 with the next problem, the gearbox sound like a washer, but i repaired all the bearings, seals, gears, change the encoder and the problem continue. after of that, i review the motor, and its ok. repair the vector drive and continue with the problem. maybe could be the psrameters of the vector but i dont know how review.
    i wait your answer

Thanks

Question Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Good morning,

I'm new to CNC programming and have a few questions.

I'm using a Haas VF3 and I've been reading up on G and M Code functionality. In many instances the text makes reference to how a certain code may or may not function, based on a particular setting number.

Example:

The G52 command works differently depending on the value of setting 33.

I understand that setting 33 selects the Fanuc, Haas or Yasnac coordinate styles, but I'm looking for a list or location where I can find all of these setting numbers.

I'm looking for a list of Haas relay numbers as well. Below is a line of code to activate the table probe:

M59 P1133;

1133 is the table probe relay number. Does anyone know of a location or list of all the relay numbers Haas uses?

Thanks

dharajyot Guest

Default Re: want to choose machine model no and brand

i want u help for choose cnc machine for marking and engraving 1 to 5 mm deep. contact---dharajyot.com, i want to send u my job details and pictures.

dharajyot stone art- India

i have a job 2"x2"x4.5" four side small engraving text and signs.

pls help me which machine i choose and job cost per unit/

thanks

hope to hear from you soon

thanks

khatri

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Quote Originally Posted by aallen View Post
    Good morning,

I'm new to CNC programming and have a few questions.

I'm using a Haas VF3 and I've been reading up on G and M Code functionality. In many instances the text makes reference to how a certain code may or may not function, based on a particular setting number.

Example:

The G52 command works differently depending on the value of setting 33.

I understand that setting 33 selects the Fanuc, Haas or Yasnac coordinate styles, but I'm looking for a list or location where I can find all of these setting numbers.

I'm looking for a
    list of Haas relay numbers as well. Below is a line of code to activate the table probe:

M59 P1133;

1133 is the table probe relay number. Does anyone know of a location or list of all the relay numbers Haas uses?

Thanks

Answer:

Please dont use G52 on Haas machine, if you have further question please hit me a e.mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com
    It might be too late to reply. I really sorry about that.

Thanks

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: want to choose machine model no and brand

Quote Originally Posted by dharajyot View Post
    i want u help for choose cnc machine for marking and engraving 1 to 5 mm deep. contact---dharajyot.com, i want to send u my job details and pictures.

dharajyot stone art- India

i have a job 2"x2"x4.5" four side small engraving text and signs.

pls help me which machine i choose and job cost per unit/

thanks

hope to hear from you soon

thanks

khatri
    Answer:

Hi Mr. Khatri
    Thanks for your question, please send me a e-mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com if you can.

I will be more tha happy to help you
    Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Smile Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    hi .i have a problem with my tailstock. it keeps losing where it is on the b axis.i have been homing it the past two weeks ,just to get by,now it willl only move about 50mm back and forth.
    i hope uyou can help,
    cheers Damon
    please let me know if you still need help by sending me a email at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com

Thanks

Thanks

Hello Harvey,

I have seen your post and actually I would like to have some help regarding 2 VMC's we have. We own 2 Haas (a VF-0 model 1995 and a VF-1, model 1995) and at the moment the machines seem to have some problems.

The Y-axis of the VF-0 and the Z-axis of the VF-1 are growling at rapid moves. I think that maybe the bearing or the ball screw nuts might have a problem.

Another problem I face with the VF-1 is that the spindle has problems to orient and some times I get the alarm "117 spindle orientation fault". When the VF-1 manages to shift into high gear and the spindle rotates at high speed it is a bit noisy.

Please could you advise regarding these problems?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Hi Harvey
    I have 2 1997 Haas VF-3's that I recently bought. At the moment I am focusing on getting 1 of them running. I have been getting a low voltage alarm when I hook the interface cable up from the mocon board to the servo amps. I called Haas tech support and they suggested replacing the mocon board so I pulled 1 from my other machine and fired up the machine and it worked all my axis move and no errors. The next day I power up the machine and I get a cloud of smoke from my Y axis servo amp and to make things even better it burns up my vector drive. any ideas why it would work one day and then go up in smoke the next day?
    Thanks
    J.D.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Thanks in advance for your help, I have one problem on my cnc haas vf2, lcd display flickers after few minutes or hours running, if I turn off the machine there is a slight chance that the lcd works ok, I never now if turning off and on works.

we try using LCD display and 2 cards that come on the neck LCD monitor from another machine same year same model and the problem keeps coming, I know there is one more card on the back of the machine, please advice on.

machine is 2005
    thanks for your help sincerely
    Jorge
    HI Jorge

There are few checks you can do
    1) check the flat bend cable or ribbon wire inside the pandent, some times it's loose.
    2) you may need new serial interface card that's also inside the pandent.
    3)need to check the power supplies in back electrical cabinet.
    4 video card but chances are very few.
    please hit me a e-mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com for further assistance
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    i hope uyou can help,
    cheers Damon
    1)need to check tail stock settings and set'em according to application
    2) tail stock encoder meesud up because of coolant, may need to replace it or it's comb rail. Just slide the way cover on Tail stock then see any visual cause.

for furhter help pleas send me e-mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjmachineandwelding View Post
    Hi Harvey
    I have 2 1997 Haas VF-3's that I recently bought. At the moment I am focusing on getting 1 of them running. I have been getting a low voltage alarm when I hook the interface cable up from the mocon board to the servo amps. I called Haas tech support and they suggested replacing the mocon board so I pulled 1 from my other machine and fired up the machine and it worked all my axis move and no errors. The next day I power up the machine and I get a cloud of smoke from my Y axis servo amp and to make things even better it burns up my vector drive. any ideas why it would work one day and then go up in smoke the next day?
    Thanks
    J.D.
    Hi JD

That's good question, Please check your power and then check the tappings on transformer.
    Most of time you need to make sure all connections are tiight because in Haas machine, elect connector doesnt have any lock on them.
    something might went wrong, please leave you number and good time to reach at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com, I will get back with you ASAP.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Harvy,
    I have got a 95' VF-3. Started having trouble with high/low gear selection on trans. Looks like the lower barring going bad on the out-put shaft. Have got it all apart except out-put shaft. It looks like the drive pully is pressed on hot, that makes sence, but not to assymble the bearings and all at the same time. Under magnification it looks like there is a joint under the small top gear just above the lower big gear. I have some ideas about tooling to dissassymble it but would like to know some more before spending any more time on it. If you have any information I would be greatful

Thanks, Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris/drc View Post
    Hi Harvy,
    I have got a 95' VF-3. Started having trouble with high/low gear selection on trans. Looks like the lower barring going bad on the out-put shaft. Have got it all apart except out-put shaft. It looks like the drive pully is pressed on hot, that makes sence, but not to assymble the bearings and all at the same time. Under magnification it looks like there is a joint under the small top gear just above the lower big gear. I have some ideas about tooling to dissassymble it but would like to know some more before spending any more time on it. If you have any information I would be greatful

Thanks, Chris
    Hi
    Don't know if this is the correct place to post a question, sorry if not.
    Question: we are installing a 7ton cnc (leaderway) and we want to know if we can do it over a floor tile, or we should do it over concrete?
    Thanks a lot for any help.
    Regards,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apronello View Post
    Hi
    Don't know if this is the correct place to post a question, sorry if not.
    Question: we are installing a 7ton cnc (leaderway) and we want to know if we can do it over a floor tile, or we should do it over concrete?
    Thanks a lot for any help.
    Regards,
    Hi apronello,

Any time something can move, acuracy can be lost. Tile is not the foundation so I would not personaly install on it.
    Good Luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HARVEY View Post
    Hi JD

That's good question, Please check your power and then check the tappings on transformer.
    Most of time you need to make sure all connections are tiight because in Haas machine, elect connector doesnt have any lock on them.
    something might went wrong, please leave you number and good time to reach at , I will get back with you ASAP.

Thanks
    Sorry its been a long time since I have had time to get back with you on the problem with my machine. I found that there was an intermittent short in the regen resistor that would short to ground when it got warm. so its all fixed and running now.
    thanks for all the help
    J.D.

Thanks

Harvey,

Do you get into parameters at all? We have a SL20T that I would like to be able to move the turret to the left on another 2 inches. I'm guessing there is a parameter that needs to be changed. The monitor shows the turret at -20.000 now. Thank you.

Thanks

I have a minute man3 cnc bed mill centroid controls w/servo motors,my problem just started in my z axis.I touch tool tool off run a few parts then it will cut too deep ,like .02 or .03 inch. i retouch tool to see how much the diff was from last touch off because the return home height is the same as it was before it went deeper. ??? home limit switch,encoder ???
    no alarms on the z,ocassionally my y axis on home start up will trip the switch.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

I figured it out . my z axis servo motors encoder had 2 loose set screws that attach to the armature of the servo.ocassionally when the motor would reverse direction (say a peck cycle drilling) the encoder would slip.that was a cheap fix!!!

Hope this helps someone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast