Thread: mazak alarm (mazak MT-V-414)(M32B)

Thanks

Default mazak alarm (mazak MT-V-414)(M32B)

I am using eia/iso programming , after it runs tool 1 and goes home to change tools to tool 2 I gat alarm 296 tool change imp. (no axis in ATC). what is this telling me Thanks tony

Thanks

Default Re: mazak alarm (mazak MT-V-414)(M32B)

This is an PLC problem. You can call Mazak with the PLC version and tell them the alarm and they should help you out. Or find the alarm yourself in the Ladder book and in there you'll find an data register that needs to be reset with an zero. The data register will be an "R" register . You reset the "R" register in the diagnostic page.

Thanks

Thanks I will try to find this tomorrow, very appreciated

wcnc Guest

Might be a bit late, but my list describes Alarm 296 as "Z axis is not at zero point, or ATC arm is not on standby and holder not in downward position".

I don't have a copy of the ladder, but it sounds like the alarm is checking for safe conditions for a tool change. If you get into the ladder monitor and search for F96 (while the alarm is active - F96 is the PLC version of the alarm), you will see which of the possible causes is active. Then check whether the sensors that report the conditions are lying or not. Since this happens in a program and not manual, it's more likely to be a bad sensor or wire than an actual bad machine state. You will probably also need the electrical diagram to see which sensors generate the relevant PLC input signals (X bits).

This is greatly simplified of course. You might actually have lots of other less-common causes than sensors, such as bad parameters, corrupt PLC software,... Also the fault may be transient, causing the alarm to be latched, then going away.