Thread: Mori Seiki SL-25

Thanks

Default Mori Seiki SL-25

I have resetted the memory after an alarm and loaded the files both NC and PMC data. Everything works fine exept that when we use the touchsetter it stops the feeds but does not read in the result. I have checked the parameters but can´t find if something is missing.

Thanks

Default Re: Mori Seiki SL-25

Make sure there are values in the parameters for CNC tool presetter calibration.

Thanks

Yes, I have already checked #743,744 and 745 and have values in them.

Thanks

Janmoh,

When you load the NC and PMC data, make sure that the PMC data is OK, because this control, in JOG mode is mad by PLC. You need check the signal of the tool setter is ok, and if has some DATA that is disable the reading of this signal by the PLC.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Thanks

Is there a list of the PMC parameters were you can see explanations of each parameter for the Fanuc 0T ?

Thanks

Janmoh,

The all most DATA, KEEP RELAY, TIMERS and COUNTERS are supplied by the MTB. Its possible you see in the ladder program, whats is stop the process that measure the tool. You has the data sheet of these machine ??? Normally the MTB send and copy with machine !!!

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks

I have a list from the MTB and have checked all the PMC data on the list. All the "PC parameters" as they call them are OK. When I look at the ladder I can only see parts of the ladder with no text or figures.On the Fanuc 0TC what are you suppose to see when you press "meny" soft button?

Thanks

Is the control seeing the pcb that the toolsetter runs through? Your problem could be tied to that pcb. Just a thought.

Thanks

On the diagnostic pages I can see that the sensors in the toolsetter is changing status, and all the alarms that connected with the toolsetter are working fine.

Thanks

Hi all,
    how to solve PMC alarm 0562:Lub.Oil Pressure Down on this machine?it always appears when it is on & running.Hope u all can help me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbartwoski View Post
    Hi all,
    how to solve PMC alarm 0562:Lub.Oil Pressure Down on this machine?it always appears when it is on & running.Hope u all can help me.
    This is a Machine alarm and not control, as you've probably determined. You don't say if there are any other symptoms, other than the alarm occurring. Most machines will go into a Feed Hold, or Single Block condition; the thinking here is that this condition will probably get your attention and the machine won't continue to run with no Lube supply.

This alarm often occurs due to the lubrication tank being empty, or the lube pump has failed. How does the PMC determine these conditions? Usually there is a pressure switch in the oil line circuit that is read as a Real World Input by the PLC (PMC). These systems are wired so that the input is Normally Closed. Accordingly, if the signal wires are broken or disconnected, the system Fails Safe.

The remedy is:
    1. Check Lube Oil level.
    2. Check if the pump is actually pumping oil. If it is not, the pressure switch will not close.
    3. Check that the pressure switch is actually switching. This can be done using a multi-meter to test for continuance across the points where the wires connect when pressure is applied to the switch. This can be done using compressed air, if the viability of the oil pump is questionable.
    4. Check any wires that you play with for current, but you should be able to short the signal wires together, therefore mimicking the pressure switch being closed. This should allow the alarm to be reset and to confirm that the problem is with the Oil Pump or Pressure Switch.

Regards,

Bill

12. The Following User Says Thank You to angelw For This Useful Post:

chuckbartwoski (01-16-12)

Thanks

hi angelw@bill,
    many thanks to your solid explanation.hopefully this will end my curiosity against this machine.

Thanks

Hey,
    This is moorthy.
    Just check whether the pump motor is working by pressing the manual button on the tank.
    If working check how much is the pressure build in this condition.
    Then, Plug the outlet with a connector and press the black manual button and record the pressure. If the pressure rises to more than 1.5 bar then the lubrication distributors are damaged if not the pipe line is burst somewhere. you have to trace.
    It could be Z,Y or X axes.

Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to v.sundermoorthy For This Useful Post:

chuckbartwoski (04-03-12)

Thanks

how long the belting (4@5 belt) can last?we afraid this is the root cause of intermittent stop,one of the new problem we facing so far.I was mentioned these beltings haven't being changed yet since its born...some more the strength is not powerful anymore.
    Last edited by chuckbartwoski; 04-03-12 at 12:35 AM.