Thread: YCM TV-2110B Vertical Machining Center

Thanks

Default YCM TV-2110B Vertical Machining Center

Hi - My company is becoming interested in purchasing one of the above listed machines. We currently have 45+ CNC's (various types and configurations).

I'm asking for any user experiences with YCM machines in general, such as service, support and reliability. and in particular in anyone has experience with the larger vertical mills that they offer (80" X by 40" Y travels)

Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: YCM TV-2110B Vertical Machining Center

Where are you located? I've heard that their service and support is horrible in the Indiana/Ohio area.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Rochester, NY -
    Service we pretty much do in-house
    Parts are a concern

Thanks

I'm not sure who the distributor is in your area but I've heard around here they like to play the blame game on warranty issues with spare parts. Unfortunately I've never dealt with them directly to know what the specifics of the issues were but I know of one company that lost a spindle within the first few weeks of their machine being installed, and ended up having to pay for it even though there were no signs of a crash.

I haven't heard anything else from them lately as to how things are going with it. Based off of that I would imagine that they haven't been having any other issues with theirs.

Out of curiosity what company do you work for in Rochester? I used to work in the area myself.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

We've re-adjusted our focus and have opened up the number of products for consideration.

Continuous part supply is a major concern -

I work for PEKO Precision - we do a little bit of everything..

PEKO

John Fritsch

Thanks

Been out of town for a few weeks so I haven't been able to respond. (Up at Lake George actually with a quick stop in Rochester)

It looks like you've got an impressive assortment of products. I don't know if you've come to a decision on a machine yet, but if you're open to other builders you might take a look at a new Leadwell. I believe they offer a machine in the size range you're looking for and I have some former customers that used to abuse them far past the point most other people would.
    Cody Stamper

Thanks

Yes, we have a pretty good selection of machine tools. Within the last six months we've added a new Sodick wire EDM and a barely used PBR CNC boring mill. The list doesn't include the (10) or so machines that we've owned and then sold.

For this most recent acquisition, we've settled on a new HAAS VF-9. We looked at a few different manufacturers in this VM size range. HAAS put together the best overall package, plus we've had some experienece with HAAS, pretty much all positive.

John Fritsch

karbobo Guest

We are also plan to buy YCM milling centre - have you already buy it and if yes what is your expiriance with it.

karbobo