Thread: 91 Hurco/Yaskawa Issue

kwmkoester Guest

Default 91 Hurco/Yaskawa Issue

I have another issue I can't get to the bottom of... When my 1991 Hurco BMC20 with Yaskawa servo drives(CACR-SR10BB)powers up and I try to jog the Z axis, I get a Z-axis servo fault. When I go to the drive and see it's state, it has the dash-dot that represents a normal state. But, on the X and Y axis I have 2 LED's lit, one on the P(control circuit 5v is proper) and one on the MP(Main circuit 200VDC is proper), well I only have the P LED lit on the problem Z axis drive. So, my question is: Where can I verify my 200VDC circuit voltage? I have attached a link to the manual for this drive, I can't figure out where the DC circuit is, there are plenty of ways to check the 200VAC, I just can't find any reference to 200VDC. I realize I may have to replace/repair the amp, but I would love to have a clear idea of what is wrong before I send it out for repair. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. See page 43 for LED description.

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/aa8198da5462fcbe86256c59004e4bcb/86256ec30069fdef86256de2005b9658/$FILE/TSE-S800-2.1J.pdf

Thanks

Default Re: 91 Hurco/Yaskawa Issue

Not so sure about your question but here's my tought:

You surely have 200 to 230 VAC at terminals R, S and T, but you don't have any VDC at U, V and W, well that is because of your drive's fault. Now, if you want to check the 200 VDC a.k.a. "DC bus", then you will have to open the drive at the bench, wire it with 200 VAC at R, S and T and look for the 200 VDC just outside the three phase rectifier, wich is labeled "1THM" at page #29 of your pdf. If you decide to do it yourself, please be careful with any capacitor beeing still charged.

Is that what you were asking for?

kwmkoester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SINUMERIKO View Post
    Not so sure about your question but here's my tought:

You surely have 200 to 230 VAC at terminals R, S and T, but you don't have any VDC at U, V and W, well that is because of your drive's fault. Now, if you want to check the 200 VDC a.k.a. "DC bus", then you will have to open the drive at the bench, wire it with 200 VAC at R, S and T and look for the 200 VDC just outside the three phase rectifier, wich is labeled "1THM" at page #29 of your pdf. If you decide to do it yourself, please be careful with any capacitor beeing still charged.

Is that what you were asking for?
    That is exactly what I was asking, I don't know drives that well, but, i feel comfortable doing some troubleshooting. I couldn't figure out where the 200VDC came from though. I was almost convinced that it was a misprint, but that is where you come in. I really, really appreciate your help! I will let you know how it goes. KK

Thanks

Actually it will never deliver any VDC at U, V & W since your servo it´s an AC (sorry about that) but you can still look for the DC bus inside as I mentioned before, between the rectifier and inverter stages, in other words between 1THM and 1PTM at page 29.